Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha- Chapter 22

I bet that would have been nerve racking to attend a party so far away without Mameha for the first time. I would have been scared on what to do, say or what would happen to me. I believe the Baron is very hot for Sayuri’s form. He sure did brag about her a lot to all of his guest making sure all the men got to meet her. It would have been weird to have everyone analyzing and taking pictures of me. Sayuri sure did get giggly when she seen the Chairman. The Chairman seems like such a good guy. As much as I want Sayuri to end up with him I do not think she will. He is so kind to her and nice, but there is just nothing there between them. I found it cute how the Chairman was so worried about if the Baron would like the gift he was. The sad part was that the Baron was so drunk that he barely had much of a reaction to the beautiful gift. I knew it was not a good idea for Sayuri to stay after the party so the Baron could give her a gift. He was way to fond of her to give her just a gift. She should have just gone home and not worried about it. He had some nerve to drag her to his bedroom. I would have been so scared if I were Sayuri especially since Mameha and the Chairman warned her how pushy the Baron could be. I cannot believe the Baron started taking off her clothes. That is such an invasion of privacy it is not even funny. I cannot even imagine what was going through Sayuri’s head. I was so afraid that the Baron was going to rape her lucky for Sayuri though he just examined her. He really had no right to do that though. Then in the end he gave her a beautiful kimono. I do not know if all that torture really would have been worth the kimono. I cannot imagine how hard it would have been to explain what happen between the Baron and Sayuri to Mameha especially since the Baron is Mameha’s danna. Despite the events that happen in this chapter I found it amusing that they have button up socks. I really cannot even imagine these kinds of socks. I would really like to see the pair. I would have been so embarrassed if I were Sayuri when the dresser was undressing me and he noticed that someone else had undone her clothes previously. I really would not have wanted to be in Sayuri’s position. I cannot imagine how emotional she must be right now.

No comments: