Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha- Chapter 13

That would be a killer watching Pumpkin become an apprentice geisha now, knowing that she could have been one all along if it were not for her previous activities. It is so weird how everyone calls her Pumpkin, which would be a really crappy name to be called. That is sad that Mameha had been busy traveling everywhere. I would get so bored if I were Chiyo. Mameha was traveling back and forth to places like Tokyo and other fancy places. I think it would be so cool to visit Tokyo. It seems like such a pretty place. That was just a very random thought that crossed my mind while reading this part of the book. It seems Chiyo is getting very grown up and mature looking, because everyone hardly recognizes her. That would be very fun but yet educational traveling the streets with Mameha all dressed up in a kimono. If I were Chiyo I would really enjoy all the attention everyone was giving her although I really do not like meeting new people so that part would not have been as fun. I found it very captivating how Mameha had thought that Hatsumomo had made Pumpkin an apprentice too soon. That would be one of the longest waits ever waiting for Mameha to let Chiyo to officially become her little sister. This was one of my favorite chapters so far. I loved how Mameha told Chiyo that she had to get a guys attention before she could become her apprentice. The fact that she told Chiyo that she makes statements through her eyes was so fascinating, because there is many times that people know how I am feeling just by the way that they look at me. People tell me all the time that I do most of my talking through my eyes. It was very cool to see how Chiyo made the waiter guy drop the tray just because she looked at him in a certain way. That was awesome and would have been really funny to witness. Chiyo is a very clever girl and it is about time for her to become a geisha. That whole eye part in this book was definitely the highlight so far for me.

No comments: