Sunday, May 11, 2008

Memoir of a Geisha- Chapter 3

I knew Mr. Tanaka was not a man to trust. He is such a creep. So did he sell the girls to somebody or did the girl’s parents sell them to Mr. Tanaka? I am so confused. I feel really bad for Chiyo because she has no idea what is going on or what is happening to her. Did their father tell Satsu what was going on because she seemed pretty upset and knew what was going on a little more than Chiyo did. I really don’t think the girls will ever get to see their parents again or that tipsy little house Chiyo always complained about. That is so sad. Wonder if their mom knows what happen to them or if she died already? Poor Chiyo thought she was going to go live with Mr. Tanaka and his daughter and wife, she had a big shocker there. I am not really like this Mr. Bekku guy either, he seems like as much of a creep as Mr. Tanaka. I would be so lost if I were Chiyo the poor girl is so young and is with out her parents now. The elderly ladies that run the house sound a little weird and demanding. There are so many rules Chiyo has to follow. I would be very agitated if I were her. I think it would be very awkward to call the ladies “mother”, “Auntie”, and “Granny” especially since they have no relation to Chiyo at all. These ladies don’t seem that pretty but they sure are amazed by Chiyo’s beauty. I wonder where they took Chiyo’s sister and if she will ever see her again.

1 comment:

Irish said...

It's really an ancient form of human trafficking you know? These girls are being sold into the sex industry, even if indirectly.

Tanaka is a jerk. The father seems that he can't be bothered to look after his own kids. So sad.

They always refer to her as having "Good water" which seems to have something to do with her gray/blue eyes? I don't remember exactly, but it seems she is more pretty than her sister, which is why she's being put in a Geisha house.

Mr. F