Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha- Chapter 15

I really cannot stand Hatsumomo at all she is so annoying. She always finds a way to ruin Sayuri’s life. I loved how in this chapter that Sayuri came back with her own remark about the hair situation. She totally made Hatsumomo look bad and like a fool. This now means though that Hatsumomo will try anything to get back at Sayuri for this. I hate how much Hatsumomo lies; she is always telling lies. I cannot see how someone would even listen to and believe all the crap she says. Now Sayuri cannot go out and explore all her options and be a famous apprentice geisha because Hatsumomo will do anything to destroy her. I wonder what kind of plan Mameha will come up with to stop Hatsumomo. I cannot wait for the day when Hatsumomo will be overpowered; that will be a very happy day. I would get so bored if I was Sayuri waiting for the day when Mameha comes up with a plan. She just has to hang out around the house all day instead of going out and becoming famous. I am really curious why Sayuri has that name instead of something that is related to Mameha, since that is what most little sisters are named after. Something does not make sense here. The Baron that Sayuri met at the end of the chapter seems like a very important person. I feel he will become a main character towards the end of the book. I found it interesting how Sayuri brought up her father at the end of the chapter as well and that this Baron guy reminded him of her father. Her father seems really low to me right now, I really cannot believe he sold his daughters to Mr. Tanaka. Since the baron guy is Mameha’s danna they sure do seem like strangers. Mameha seems so fake around him and would do anything he says. I really would not like to be in that position. I hate the fake acting. I was not very impressed with Mameha’s danna he was not very friendly and did not pay much attention to Sayuri.

No comments: