Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha- Chapter 19

This chapter was a very important chapter. We learned a lot about what Sayuri’s main purpose for doing all of this is. They are going to pretty much be selling her virginity to the highest bidder. That is so sad and downright evil. I would be freaked out if I were Sayuri when she found this out. Especially since Nabu is known for these kind of things. He is the one that bought Mameha. That is not right at all, poor girls. I really would not want him around me no matter how nice of a man Mameha says he is. I find it amusing how repulsive Hatsumomo finds Nabu and that is why she has been being nice to Sayuri lately. She actually encourages her to hang out with this man. I really love the names that Sayuri gives to some of these people in the books. I really like Mr. Crab that is a good descriptive name. She sure has been hanging out with the artist and Mr. Crab. I cannot believe that Hatsumomo found out what Mameha has been planning to do with Sayuri, now she is going to ruin it. That was so cruel of her to spread a nasty rumor about Sayuri messing around with the neighbor boy just so the doctor will not bid on her. Hatsumomo really just needs to mind her own business, but in a way I guess Sayuri is her business. That was even cruel of the doctor to jump to conclusion and believe Hatsumomo without even confronting Sayuri about it. He just plain out ignored her after he found this out. I bet Mameha is going to have to beg him to come back to Sayuri and stuff. It was a very awkward position for Mameha to be in when she had to explain to what mizuage was. She describe it a very interesting way. I really cannot believe they are going to make Sayuri go through with all of this.

No comments: