Sunday, May 11, 2008

Memoirs of a Geisha- Chapter 11

That is so sweet that Mameha wants to be Chiyo’s older sister. I think they will get along quite nicely, especially compared to Hatsumomo. I would have been very confused if I were Mother because out of the blue Mameha the most successful geisha shows up at the door wanting to be Chiyo’s older sister. I would not know what to say. Mameha knows how bright and pretty Chiyo is and feels she will be a wonderful geisha. At least Chiyo will not have to be a maid anymore she is much too talented to be that all her life. I found it very funny that Auntie and Chiyo were both spying during Mother and Mameha’s conversation, and then Auntie finally caught Chiyo doing it so she shooed her away. So know Chiyo gets to be a geisha, which is very exciting. I think the competition is going to get very tense with Chiyo and Pumpkin now because they are almost competing against each other. I am very curious about how this entire ordeal is going to turn out.

No comments: