Monday, February 25, 2008

Mythology of Hinduism # 3

This guy has very unique points. He is very inspirational speaker. I liked the whole dream part in the beginning. It really had me thinking about dreams and the whole 75 hours subject. It is very true we have pushed technology very far. That was a very good point about Aladdins lamp about the surprise thing. It does take a lot for someone to have a surprise now a days. It was very funny how he said that we would have to invent a suprise button, but the scary part is that it is true. I think it is neat how Hinduism sees things as a big dream. I like the mythological image of hidism instead of the other part. They started kind of using big words and Im got a little confused on the whole Hinduism religion. It is true that everyone does see God as a man but really no body has any idea, he is just known as the father. It was interesting how he compared the universe as God playing hide and seek with himself. That is a very strange comparison to me. I like the idea of a staged played. That is completely true. "The world is dramatic because it is one big play" I really liked that quote it makes tons of sense. What you do see at a theater is not real but really people make it feel it is real and some people actually do think it is true. That is completely relatable. I like thinking that the world is one big play. Dancing and music does represent the world more than any other arts because it is playful and fun but really not that serious. Many people do take these arts seriously though. He kind of confused me at the ending, but made me really think hard about it. It was like he switched topics completly towards the end. It did not make sense to me and was cofusing. I really did not see how this related to Hinduism very much but it was a very unique with many deep thoughts and left me wondering.

2 comments:

~Megan~ said...

I couldn't figure out how it related to Hinduism at all either. I did like what he was saying though. I thought it was cool how he said unless the computer invented a surprise button you would have no future. I didn't really look at Hinduism as a dream, but I guess it kind of is. I really liked the comparison of the universe as God. I think that is what the Hindus believe, and pretty much can some up why God is everyone and everything to them. About the staged play, that reminded me of Shakespeares "As You Like It", where it says "All the world's a stage and all the men and women merely players". Yeah, I don't really agree with the music and dance not being serious...but I still don't get what any of this has to do with Hinduism.

Irish said...

Wow!!! You have amazing insight for a teenager. I think you really got a lot out of this lecture. Sure there may be a few questions and un-answered points but I'd say compared to your classmates, you REALLY got a better handle on this than most of your peers.

BRAVO!
Mr. Farrell