Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chapter 18

This chapter really confused me. I did not really know what exactly was going on in it. It was a lot about religion just like before. Basically talking about the christians and how they are pretty much taking over all the villages and making the village people mad. The Christian people are kind of getting on my nerves. I mean they think they can just take over and believe their religion is the best. People can belive what ever custom tradition and religion they want. They are as bad as Okonkwo as wanting to control everything. This religion welcomes everyone especially twins. They seemed to emphasize that. They also accept rejects like people do not fit in with the other people. These people then shave their head so they will be really picked out of the crowd. This church and religion seems to be really growing. I think they are going to end up taking over everything in the end. The villagers really should not have been that nice to them, which was not a very smart idea from the very begginging. The whole python thing confused me as well. I really did not like this chapter very much at all. It seemed like a pointless chapter and nothing major really happen in it.

No comments: